Should I Buy A Home In 2019?
People ask me every day if its a good time to buy a home in 2019. I’ll tell you 5 reasons why it’s a great time to buy a home!
1) The interest rates are the lowest they have been in 9 months! The average rate for a 30 year fixed rate mortgage was 4.6% at the end of January 2019. Although this is slightly higher than a few years ago, it is still historically low, with rates reaching up to 18% in the 1980s! A higher interest rate increases your monthly payment, which lowers the overall purchase price you can afford.
2) 2019 is less of a Seller’s Market than it has been in the past few years because the inventory is not as limited as before and the buyer pool is smaller. I am no longer seeing as many multiple offer situations and crazy bidding wars, which means there are more opportunities to find good deals.
3) If you are still renting, you are literally losing that money every time you pay rent. When you own a home and take out a mortgage, you are contributing each month to your principal and growing your home equity, which you can borrow against in the future if you need it. Also your interest rates are tax deductible. Who doesn’t want to pay less income taxes? A fixed rate mortgage doesn’t change so your monthly payments will continue to stay the same, while your landlord can increase your rent each year. Not to mention, you have the pride of ownership and the freedom to renovate your home however you like.
4) Real estate investments have traditionally been a terrific inflation hedge to protect against a loss in the purchasing power of the dollar over time. Historically, the real estate market is much less volatile and unpredictable than other types of investments such as the stock market.
5) Real estate is a tangible investment, you can physically walk into and inspect the property you want to purchase. If you buy rental properties early in life, you can use the rental income to pay off the mortgage and eventually have passive recurring income.
These are my top 5 reasons on why it is a great time to buy a home in 2019. If you have any questions about any of these topics or are interested in purchasing a home in Los Angeles, you can reach me via phone/text at (310) 717-1321 or via email at JamieTian@gmail.com.